Saturday, November 2, 2019

My Hug Bud

Richa got you
but you became my Romsey Bomsey
giving you hugs was my hobby
and you played it right
being always ready and in sight

You were unique
I taught you
"Show me your teeth"
Instead of any other regular command
you were supposed to be
You knew how to knock
like human beings
Your unselfish love was
only for me
You were protective
of Dad
when you wanted to be
You were the mean bean
to spikey

I know I left you
when I moved
I knew you were upset
but you also knew
that nowhere I go
you'll always be my Rumo

I used to complain 
you have been spoilt rotten
ever since Spikey passed away
You started manipulating
and blackmail
which were never your trait

Sorry I didn't open the door
when you knocked
that night 
I was so mad
about the newspaper ad
you knew I was right
Sorry for not letting you sleep 
with me that night
when some idiots went crazy
burning firecrackers
to your plight

Sorry doesn't suffice
for what I did
I gave you the last medicine
that ended up in your windpipe
you were sick that morning
but it still seems my fault
and I can't let it go

Home will never
be the same
without you
It took a while
before I could talk about you
without tears in my eyes
Bonnie helped
she is so fancy like spikes
she even dyes her spots right
She is cute
chews her big red ball
like you would too
But you have nothing to be J
No other bud
can ever replace you 

I miss you buddy
and I wish you had a longer life
but I am glad I got to hug you one last time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting over "The One"

How do you get over the one that wasn't meant to be I wish I had answer to that I would have passed it along to everyone I met I p...