Monday, November 4, 2019

Rules don't apply to you

Despite living in such a connected world these days, why don't we reply to friends or reach out to them to just check-in as to how they are doing? We want everything at our fingertips, unfortunately or fortunately every relation needs effort from two people in that relation and not just one. Call your family and friends, don't postpone it, don't lose time procrastinating, tell them what they mean to you because it might be the last time you have the chance. This year has been a long year that has taught me not to live a life of what ifs.  

When you don't reply
I think it's rude
You agreed
and 
said that's very true
every relation is a 
two -way route
But then you do it too
how come the rule doesn't 
apply to you

When he said he was busy
and the work had been a little crazy
or 
when he was sick
you said he was being a D...
But then you do it too
how come the rule doesn't 
apply to you

It perplexes me
and I asked you
you said stop overthinking
and then we can talk it through
friendship is unconditional
why add an asterisk to it too
I felt so alone
didn't knew whom to turn to
I can't think of one friend
in 8 years that is
if I don't reach out 
in a month or two
who'll text me and ask
What's up with you?

I fell for you
and my love for you 
is true
maybe that's why
you did it too
and the rule doesn't apply to you

Now that I learnt the lesson
and I know what was 
never true
I will manage on my own
I will think it through
And next time
I hope
I won't fall for you
I won't let you do it too
But I wish there is a next time
with you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting over "The One"

How do you get over the one that wasn't meant to be I wish I had answer to that I would have passed it along to everyone I met I p...