Friday, November 8, 2019

I don't know

I wrote this sometime in early 2007, and it was probably how I felt at the time. I don't remember the circumstances or the pain special of the day :) 

I don't know how to 
express myself
but does that mean 
I don't feel
they misunderstand me 
but what to do 
how to do
how will they appreciate me
why can't they accept me
the way I am 
why do they have to change me 
Am I that bad?

That's me
my life is an open book 
for everyone to see
everyone reads the preface 
and turns away
Is that the way 
it should be?

I don't know whether
its right or wrong
its true to false
but that's the way 
I feel
that the world is travelling 
on a selfish wheel
Am I not a part of this world?
Don't I have the right to live?
To be happy?
I think one should stop
and answer this
so that i know
whether I am right or wrong
whether this is true or false
Do I have the right to feel?
Do I need to learn how to express my ZEAL?

4 comments:

  1. Nice job of expressings emotions through your words--It really shows pain and confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the line "everyone reads the preface and turns away" -- and I suppose everyone figures they know all that they need to know, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of wondering in this snippet. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always lovely to have poetry on the snippet hop! Deeply felt sentiments well expressed and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete

Getting over "The One"

How do you get over the one that wasn't meant to be I wish I had answer to that I would have passed it along to everyone I met I p...