Saturday, November 2, 2019

Four hours

I met Gaby through work, one awkward cold call, a coffee, and a work dinner is all it took to be friends with her. Since then, we have seen each other through some rough times and that's when you know that the bond is strong. Like they say it doesn't matter who came first, or last, what matters is who came and never left. She is one of those people in my life who have been with me at my worst and will stand by me at my best. 

Four hours 
is what it took
to be friends with you
Indian food
no drinks in sight
you poured your heart out 
don't know who was helping whom
but we needed each other

Four hours 
is what it took
to have a second home
with you
Numerous memories are etched in my brain
the happiness class
David and I gave
in your living room
Hot chocolate at Tommy's
the Hawaiian themed birthday

Four hours 
is what it took
to get to know you 
and cherish our friendship too
you always knew
even if you are some 300 miles away
your instincts were spot on
and you were always so protective
whether it was my ex at the conference
or the creepy lawyer
addressing the elephant in the room

Four hours 
is what it took
to have you in my life
discussing my first date
from a faraway land
to making plans
to encourage unborn Adam's
globe-trotting adventures
before he turns into a young man

Four hours 
is what it took
to befriend another scorpio
we are fierce
we are loyal 
we can count on each other
you encourage my delusional heart
even when I ball my eyes out
and you know when to put a halt


Four hours 
is what it took 
to be friends with you
Now we'll just have to find
a way around the 
five hour time difference
that you are about to 
put me through

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting over "The One"

How do you get over the one that wasn't meant to be I wish I had answer to that I would have passed it along to everyone I met I p...