Thursday, October 31, 2019

I deserved a lot better

Matthew Hussey said "It’s a brave thing to do to keep that magic in you even after you’ve been hurt. It’s okay to be disappointed that someone didn’t turn out to be the person that you needed, but what you mustn’t do is grieve as though they were the one."
I wasn't grieving as if you were the one, I was grieving for who I had become.

You changed the meaning of best friends
When you lay your hand on me
You changed my life 
You closed my heart 
and threw out the key
I am glad you walked out
when you did
Because I deserved a lot better
and I did

You changed the meaning of best friends
When you bought the gift 
What an a... 
for you to budget the year 
You ruined my 30th
What a d...

You changed the meaning of best friends
and life as I lived 
you body shamed me
you lied to me
you played me 
I don’t live a life of regrets
But you are one piece
of past
I wish I could skip
Turn the page...and start afresh
It sounds easy than it is
I am still recovering from
that blow, years ago
I am no perfect
Not that easy going
But I am glad you walked out 
when you did 
Because I deserved a lot better
and I did

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting over "The One"

How do you get over the one that wasn't meant to be I wish I had answer to that I would have passed it along to everyone I met I p...